Re: Dolphin stopped displaying hidden folders in the Folders pane

On 2022-01-21 04:18, Shai Berger wrote:
Hi Gary,

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 13:29:35 -0500
Gary Dale <gary@extremeground.com> wrote:

I'm running Debian/Bookworm on an AMD64 machine.

For a few weeks now, Dolphin hasn't been showing hidden folders in
the Folders pane. I've set the view to show hidden files and have
been seeing hidden folders in the Folders pane since Dolphin was
first introduced.

I use Bookworm as well, and my folders panel does show hidden folders.
I'd consider trying with a different user, to see if the problem is
somehow caused by your profile or settings.

HTH,
	Shai.

Nope. It doesn't happen in a new user account either. The pane continues to show only the visible folders (Desktop, Documents, etc.) and not the hidden ones (.cache, .config, etc.).

The only way I can get to a hidden folder is to go up to the visible folder above it (e.g.  /home/user1) then click on the hidden folder in the Files panel. However the Folders pane doesn't update to show my new location when I do it that way. It doesn't show that I'm in /home/user1/.config, for example. Navigation is painful (pun intended).