Re: Will be Plasma available on backports?

Hi Lisandro,

> Qt can not be backported if the private API changes, as binNMUs are
> not allowed in backports.
>
> So as long as no Qt backport is required, yes, it might be doable.

Indeed!
Considering that development has mostly moved on to Qt6, I don't expect
any breakage of APIs in the Qt5 version.

> Man power mostly. Dmitry and I, as much as we can do, will be happy to
> help/guide whoever wants to take the **really big** job of maintaining
> Qt.

Well, someone has to step forward ...

> In other words: do not expect Qt 6 soon.

I fear so.

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev