Re: Will be Plasma available on backports?

Hi!

On Thu, 20 May 2021 at 19:50, Norbert Preining <norbert@preining.info> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> > Norbert, of course it's too early to say for sure, but what is your
> > feeling about what KDE Plasma will require during the Bookworm dev
>
> My guess is that:
> - Qt6 based releases (frameworks6 and Gears something) will come out
> - we will have a hard time getting Qt6 into Debian
> - we might end up with the last Qt5 based stack in bookworm
>
> Under these circumstances, backporting seems possible.

Qt can not be backported if the private API changes, as binNMUs are
not allowed in backports.

So as long as no Qt backport is required, yes, it might be doable.

> It all hangs on whether we get Qt6 packaged. Here is the biggest lack of
> man power and knowledge.

Man power mostly. Dmitry and I, as much as we can do, will be happy to
help/guide whoever wants to take the **really big** job of maintaining
Qt.

In other words: do not expect Qt 6 soon.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/