Re: KMail: segfault on trying to send GPG encrypted mail

On Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:29:32 AM EST Sandro Knauß wrote:
> I can reproduce this issue and also have an idea what is wrong in the code.
> Encrypt uses the async method of gnupg and sign+encrypt till using the old
> non-async method. It seems like gnupg has changed something in the last
> version(s) and the async method breaks somehow. I've seen this issue also
for other parts. I'll try to create a patch the next weeks.

GnuPG hasn't been updated in a while though and neither has GPGME.
The GPGME manual says
> Only one thread at any time is allowed to call gpgme_wait. If multiple
> threads call this function, the caller must make sure that all invocations
> are fully synchronized. It is safe to start asynchronous operations while a
> thread is running in gpgme_wait.

So doing asynchronous operations at the same time is supposed to be safe. FWIW
I don't know anything about the code you're referring to, but perhaps it's no
longer coordinating use of the synchronous functions, or it's just uncovered a
GPGME bug.