Re: preparation of KDE PIM 18.08 started in experimental

Hi,

>   I'm using the kdepim that is in the experimental repository (no, I don't
> mind to have broken stuff) and I cannot access to any of my imap accounts,
> display any contact from my google account and events from the calendar.
>   Are you aware of this and/or do you need any kind of log?

As I said before - the experimental version is not for use. This is a general
note for software in experimental: Only if maintainers say it is okay to test
stuff form experimental it is safe to do this. Experimental is the playgroud
to prepare stuff, that a user should not consume.
In terms of kdepim I needed to go through experimental, because of library
renaming. And I started with a beta version of KDE to publish a version as
soon as possible. But I knew from the beginning, that Akonadi has really
serious issues within that beta version. I also know about the issue with
google account, I missed some serializer plugins for Akonadi,... This was all
irrelevant for the step to get green light for the next step in packaging.

Why it takes so long till a kdepim version is ready? Well there is not enough
manpower doing the packaging. Additionally I was busy with other stuff outside
the computer the last weeks to make the version ready and I needed to wait for
the ftp masters to approve the library renaming. Currently I hope that I can
request the transition of kdepim 18.08 within that month. I missed a file move
and need another review of the ftp masters. I am also not happy that it takes
that long, but kdepim is not the easy part to package...

hefee