Re: Plasma PA and Pulseaudio gconf => gsettings module migration

Marco Paolieri - 29.06.18, 10:45:
> ​Thanks, Martin.
> I successfully downgraded all packages to versions from the time of
> the last successful upgrade (from  /var/log/apt/history.log). So,
> problem solved. And the user is now a better user :-)

Wonderful. Nice to hear.

Sorry in case I sounded a bit annoyed… I have been a bit annoyed as…
well I don´t like users to break their systems all that much. :) But in
that case, I think its partly caused by Plasma Discover not having been
explicit enough on what would happen. I am not completely sure on that,
maybe it even said that packages would be removed. But maybe not
prominently enough. I usually still use apt on command line.

Of course the user is just a fine user in any case. But if the other
learned to adjust his or her behavior in the direction of keeping the
system working the next time such a thing happens… all the better.

> Looking forward to Plasma 5.13.

apt dist-upgrade still wants to remove packages.

kde-plasma-desktop kde-standard kinfocenter kscreen kwin-addons
libpowerdevilcore2 libtaskmanager6 plasma-desktop plasma-mediacenter
plasma-widgets-addons plasma-workspace plasma-workspace-wayland
powerdevil sddm-theme-breeze

And aptitude explains that this is due to some Plasma packages still at
5.12.5.

Using aptitude dist-upgrade is a good way to find out why apt chooses to
remove packages.

Thanks,
--
Martin