Re: KDEPIM 17.08: The whole thing works

Hey,

> Okay, so I installed Akonadi + KDEPIM 17.08 and the whole things works.

1. akonadictl stop

2. I updated to experimental packages too. I used:
apt install -t experimental kontact

2.1 I also had to update some packages by hand:
apt install -t experimental libkf5akonadisearch-data
libkf5akonadisearchxapian5 libkf5akonadinotes5 libkf5akonadisearchcore5
apt install -t experimental libkf5libkdepim-plugins:amd64

(the purging was already done by updating kontact)

3. akonadictl start

 But I had issues with the database upgrade. Because it needs to create a
temporary table, that was too big for my tmp filesystem
The error is:
Got error 64 'Temp file write failure' from InnoDB

I solved this with setting the tempdir in ~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf
[mysqld]
tmpdir = /usefullpath

After that the upgrade started successfully and after some minutes I had a
fully working kontact.

At least for me the switching folder is much faster (because now the threading
is cached and not recreated every time).

Best regards,

sandro