Re: jessie upgrade deemed very difficult + there is no simple way not to install konqueror

On 19 June 2017 at 21:09, Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Positive criticism is always welcome. :)

Believe me, I've tried. The graphical interfaces for reportbug and
reportbug-ng don't work. The former whines about a missing GTK
dependency which is installed and running, the latter gives mangled
output that's summarily rejected in the Debian BTS. Other bugs I
reported, like a regression in X which caused the system to wait 4
minutes for certain serial devices - per device! - were summarily
closed 'As not to cause problems with the Stretch release schedule'.
I've also run into a lot of random crashes and lock-ups in KDE that
I'm sure were patched upstream but never got retrofitted downstream.

Previous Debian releases have been pretty good, but this one seemed to
lack the polish and conservatism of previous releases, which surprised
me. It felt more like a Ubuntu "we'll fix it in 6 months" release than
a Debian "we want this solid" release.