Re: improving the UX with the default KDE installation

On 20/03/17 17:02:55 CET, Thom Castermans wrote:
> > Maybe you don't know it, but the average user does not know how to use a
> > keyboard, like putting your index fingers on the f and j keys, basic
> > typing.
> I think that you are grossly underestimating the average computer user *who
> is installing KDE on Debian Linux on their computer*.

Regardless of users' expertise, the default KDE (and Gnome, XFCE, whatever)
installation should be targeted to the general public. Therefore, a setup not
for power users nor for completely inexperienced users (I don't think they are
the majority in the GNU/Linux realm), where basic components are provided by
default and more advanced features and applications are installable on
request.