Re: stretch/KDE5: icons disappeared from system tray

Hi Andy, and thanks for your feedback!

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:23:37 AM CET Andy G Wood wrote:
> I have seen this in recent days on Debian testing.  It was caused by
> updating my system part way through the very recent large KDE update.  In
> other words, some packages were at the old version and some at the new.

Yes, that would be the only possible explanation. Although my last update was
on 20th January, and since then I rebooted my system several times, but I
noticed the issue only yesterday (23rd January). So I didn't relate the issue
with that update, but perhaps I simply didn't notice it?

> It took a few days for all the necessary package updates to flow though
> into testing.  As of yesterday (23rd January), an up to date Debian testing
> does not exhibit this any more ... for me.

Few hours ago I got a notification showing I've got 293 packages upgradable
(wow!), many of which are related to KDE. For instance, just to mention three
KDE packages, it proposes to upgrade kde5 from 5.27.0-1 to 5.28.0-1, and
plasma-desktop and plasma-widgets-addons from 4:5.8.2-1 to 4:5.8.4-1. What
versions do you have of these packages? I'm a bit worried and I haven't yet
confirmed this huge update!

Cheers,
  Davide