Re: stretch/KDE5: icons disappeared from system tray

Hi Davide,

On Tuesday, 24 January 2017 14:02:26 GMT solitone wrote:
> Hi Andy, and thanks for your feedback!
>
> On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:23:37 AM CET Andy G Wood wrote:
> > I have seen this in recent days on Debian testing.  It was caused by
> > updating my system part way through the very recent large KDE update.  In
> > other words, some packages were at the old version and some at the new.
>
> Yes, that would be the only possible explanation. Although my last update
> was on 20th January, and since then I rebooted my system several times, but
> I noticed the issue only yesterday (23rd January). So I didn't relate the
> issue with that update, but perhaps I simply didn't notice it?

After an update on the 21st I saw the problem - part way through all the
relevant packages needed.

> > It took a few days for all the necessary package updates to flow though
> > into testing.  As of yesterday (23rd January), an up to date Debian
> > testing
> > does not exhibit this any more ... for me.
>
> Few hours ago I got a notification showing I've got 293 packages upgradable
> (wow!), many of which are related to KDE. For instance, just to mention
> three KDE packages, it proposes to upgrade kde5 from 5.27.0-1 to 5.28.0-1,
> and plasma-desktop and plasma-widgets-addons from 4:5.8.2-1 to 4:5.8.4-1.
> What versions do you have of these packages? I'm a bit worried and I
> haven't yet confirmed this huge update!

Go for the full update.  Much better to have a working system than one which
may be broken in more ways than you have found so far.  In my experience you
will come out of it smiling :-)  The Debian KDE team do an awesome job.

Andy.