Re: Plasma 5.7.2 in Debian?

Martin Steigerwald ha scritto:
> Am Samstag, 27. August 2016, 17:15:30 CEST schrieb Luigi Toscano:
>> Maximiliano Curia ha scritto:
>>> ¡Hola Shmerl!

>>> plasma-workspace tests were failling in the 5.7.[0-2] releases and we
>>> decided to wait till this gets fixed, this was finally fixed in 5.7.3 (by
>>> moving the failling tests to a non packageable project). By that time 5.8
>>> was announced to be the first lts, so it makes sense to wait for 5.8,
>>> which should be released "real soon now"(tm).
>>
>> As this is no more true, as most of Plasma 5.7.x landed in unstable breaking
>> the remaining 5.6 bits, would be possible to have the missing bits (from a
>> quick glance, plasma-desktop, plasma-workspace and khotkeys for sure)?
>
> Currently Maxy is uploading 5.7.4 to unstable already, I thought from the
> above he would go for 5.8, but well its usual practice to at least wait to .1
> versions.

I've noticed it, even if plasma-workspace will have to wait in NEW. Maybe
planned, waiting for the existing packages to land (even if is not required),
but it was not the status when I wrote.

> Luigi, what breaks for you? I do have plasma-desktop and plasma-workspace at
> 5.6.5 and khotkeys 5.7.0 currently and see no  obvious breakages from usage
> point of view, or do you mean the tests?

Nothing breaks for me, because I have all 5.6.x packages on hold. The fact
that 3 or 4 different users on IRC (including a DD) had their plasma-desktop
packages removed means that there is a conflict $somewhere.

> I do think however it would be good to have all of plasma at same major
> version at least. So I love to see these in the newer version as well.

It's not a matter of good or bad, it's the same as Frameworks: maybe with some
exceptions of "leaf" packages (like the icons for Frameworks), but the core
packages should be available in the same version.

--
Luigi