Re: Plasma 5.7.2 in Debian?

Am Samstag, 27. August 2016, 17:15:30 CEST schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> Maximiliano Curia ha scritto:
> > ¡Hola Shmerl!
> >
> > El 2016-08-18 a las 16:46 -0400, Shmerl escribió:
> >> I didn't monitor this topic, so I could have missed some announcements or
> >> previous discussion, so please excuse me if it was already mentioned
> >> before. When is Plasma 5.7.2 coming to Debian repos? I see some packages
> >> like kwin-x11 are already 5.7.0, while others like plasma-desktop are
> >> 5.6.5.
> >>
> >> In general, what is the reason that they are different versions, is it
> >> because they are uploaded gradually, or there are some problems with
> >> newer
> >> versions of some of them and they aren't uploaded until those problems
> >> are
> >> fixed?
> >
> > plasma-workspace tests were failling in the 5.7.[0-2] releases and we
> > decided to wait till this gets fixed, this was finally fixed in 5.7.3 (by
> > moving the failling tests to a non packageable project). By that time 5.8
> > was announced to be the first lts, so it makes sense to wait for 5.8,
> > which should be released "real soon now"(tm).
>
> As this is no more true, as most of Plasma 5.7.x landed in unstable breaking
> the remaining 5.6 bits, would be possible to have the missing bits (from a
> quick glance, plasma-desktop, plasma-workspace and khotkeys for sure)?

Currently Maxy is uploading 5.7.4 to unstable already, I thought from the
above he would go for 5.8, but well its usual practice to at least wait to .1
versions.

Luigi, what breaks for you? I do have plasma-desktop and plasma-workspace at
5.6.5 and khotkeys 5.7.0 currently and see no  obvious breakages from usage
point of view, or do you mean the tests?

I do think however it would be good to have all of plasma at same major
version at least. So I love to see these in the newer version as well.

Thanks,
--
Martin