Re: Some problems with the last updates

Diederik de Haas wrote on 06/11/16 10:29:
On zaterdag 5 november 2016 20:25:32 CET Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
If so, that is/was your problem and you'll likely have various qt5 package
at  version 5.7.1~20161021+dfsg-N.
Downgrade those packages to their version in testing and there's a
reasonable  chance things start working again. See also

The current state is that it's highly likely that a bug in qtdeclarative-
opensource-src (source package) version 5.7.1~20161021-4 is the cause for the
issue various people are seeing.
One of the Debian Qt maintainers filed the following bug for it:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-56932

In Debian the following bugs have been reported which are likely all caused by
this issue:
https://bugs.debian.org/843250
https://bugs.debian.org/843332

and probably more will follow ...

I wonder if rebuilding some packages locally is easier than downgrading a
lot of packages? If yes, which ones?

No, that will not help you or anyone else, since the problem is in an
(important) part of qt5 5.7.1 itself.
As you (Andrey) already noticed and reported back, downgrading to the version
in testing works and I think that it is the only solution for now.
Aptitudes resolver should be able to help in downgrading all those packages.

I reported bug 843332, aptitude had issues that after thinking that I had downgrading all packages so that nothing was broken, there was still a conflict (which was different the two times I tried) that needed to be fixed by searching for the package name in aptitude and selecting the version from testing. After that, the downgrade went smoothly.

Is there any way to tell aptitude to downgrade all packages based off a given source package to the version in testing? That would have been less tedious than the manual process I used.

Thanks for all who suggested the fix.

Arthur.