Btrfs & Dolphin

I just read an article in Linux Pro magazine (entitled "New Butter") about Btrfs. It ended rather enigmatically with a warning that "Btrfs does not integrate well with graphical file managers."

This confuses me. I'd think that a file manager should operate pretty much independently of the file system and vice versa providing that the file system implements the basic Unix-type services (ownership, permissions, hierarchical directory structure, etc.). Can anyone elaborate on what the author may have been alluding to?

I am running Debian/Stretch with the KDE/Plasma5 desktop and use Dolphin quite a bit. Btrfs is supposedly stable and offers features that could be quite useful to me. I've been considering switching from Ext4 for a while but don't have any compelling reasons to do so if the switch could cause problems with my normal workflow - such as not being able to use Dolphin.

Thanks in advance for any clarifications you can provide.