Re: Cannot shutown from plasma or sddm

Hi Marc,

Am Dienstag 03 November 2015, 12:05:04 schrieb Marc Bres Gil:
> Hello Christian,
>
> I'm using sysvinit, I installed the system when jessie was the "testing"
> version, and now i'm on stretch.
> I thought it will have changed to systemd when the upgrade was done, but
> checking it now i've found it is sysvinit the system in use.

For fresh installs, systemd will be the default. When upgrading, I don't
think the installer will automatically change the previously-used init.
At least, the installer can be prevented from attempting this.

I've also updated from a sysvinit Jessie to Stretch, keeping sysvinit as
init-System. I've casually searched the web for hints, but so far, no luck.
Some posts point into the PAM direction, i.e. systemd-logind not doing the
entire PAM dance. But so far, that's guessing only.

> How can I check if systemd-logind is in use? I see that the systemd package
> is installed.

AFAIK, sddm relies in systemd-logind, i.e., when sddm is being used, so
is systemd-logind. At least, that is the default.

Regards,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-11
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48