Re: Upgrade warning: KDE/Plasma 5 stuff broken

Mine has been broken for weeks now...I have not upgraded because it appears to want to deinstall all of KDE, plus other packages (like libreoffice):

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  akonadiconsole akregator amarok amor aptitude ark blinken blogilo bomber bovo
  cantor cantor-backend-kalgebra cervisia cvsservice digikam digikam-private-libs
  dolphin dragonplayer ffmpegthumbs filelight freespacenotifier granatier
  gwenview jovie juk kaccessible kaddressbook kajongg kalarm kalgebra
  kalgebra-common kalzium kamera kanagram kapman kapptemplate kate katepart
  katomic kbattleship kblackbox kblocks kbounce kbreakout kbruch kcachegrind
  kcharselect kcolorchooser kde-baseapps kde-baseapps-bin kde-config-cddb
  kde-config-cron kde-full kde-games-core-declarative kde-plasma-desktop
  kde-plasma-netbook kde-runtime kde-standard kde-style-oxygen
  kde-telepathy-kpeople kde-workspace kde-workspace-bin kde-workspace-data
  kdeaccessibility kdeadmin kdebase-apps kdebase-bin kdebase-runtime
  kdebase-workspace kdebase-workspace-bin kdeedu kdegames kdegraphics
  kdegraphics-mobipocket kdegraphics-strigi-analyzer kdegraphics-strigi-plugins
  kdegraphics-thumbnailers kdelibs5-plugins kdemultimedia
  kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdenetwork kdenetwork-filesharing kdepasswd kdepim
  kdepim-kresources kdepim-runtime kdepimlibs-kio-plugins kdeplasma-addons kdesdk
  kdesdk-dolphin-plugins kdesdk-kio-plugins kdesdk-misc kdesdk-strigi-plugins
  kdesdk-thumbnailers kdetoys kdeutils kdewebdev kdf kdiamond kdm kdoctools
  kfilereplace kfind kfourinline kgeography kget kgoldrunner kgpg khangman kig
  kigo killbots kimagemapeditor kio-audiocd kiriki kiten kjots kjumpingcube
  kleopatra klettres klickety klines klinkstatus klipper kmag kmahjongg kmail
  kmines kmix kmousetool kmouth kmplot kmtrace knavalbattle knetwalk knode knotes
  kolf kollision kolourpaint4 kommander kompare konq-plugins konqueror
  konqueror-nsplugins konquest konsole konsolekalendar kontact kopete korganizer
  kpart-webkit kpartloader kpat kppp krdc kremotecontrol kreversi krfb kruler
  ksaneplugin kscd kscreensaver kscreensaver-xsavers kshisen ksirk ksnapshot
  kspaceduel ksquares kstars ksudoku ksystemlog kteatime ktimer ktimetracker
  ktouch ktron ktuberling kturtle kubrick kuiviewer kuser kwalletmanager
  kwordquiz kwrite libakonadi-calendar4 libakonadi-contact4 libakonadi-kcal4
  libakonadi-kde4 libakonadi-kmime4 libasprintf0c2 libbaloowidgets4
  libboost-date-time1.54.0 libboost-date-time1.55.0 libcalendarsupport4
  libcmis-0.3-3 libcmis-0.4-4 libcmis-0.5-5 libcomposereditorng4 libcwidget3
  libebml4 libept1.4.12 libeventviews4 libglibmm-2.4-1c2a libincidenceeditorsng4
  libkabc4 libkactivities-bin libkactivities-models1 libkalarmcal2
  libkasten1controllers1 libkasten1core1 libkasten1gui1
  libkasten1okteta1controllers1 libkasten1okteta1core1 libkasten1okteta1gui1
  libkasten2controllers2 libkasten2core2 libkasten2gui2
  libkasten2okteta1controllers1 libkasten2okteta1controllers1abi1
  libkasten2okteta1core1 libkasten2okteta1gui1 libkastencontrollers4
  libkastencore4 libkastengui4 libkateinterfaces4 libkatepartinterfaces4
  libkblog4 libkcal4 libkcalutils4 libkcddb4 libkdcraw20 libkdcraw22 libkdcraw23
  libkdcraw9 libkde3support4 libkdeeduui4 libkdegames5a libkdegames6
  libkdegames6abi1 libkdegamesprivate1abi1 libkdepim4 libkdepimdbusinterfaces4
  libkdewebkit5 libkeduvocdocument4 libkemoticons4 libkfile4 libkgapi1
  libkgapi2-2 libkggzgames4 libkhtml5 libkimproxy4 libkio5 libkipi10 libkipi11
  libkipi8 libkleo4 libkmanagesieve4 libkmediaplayer4 libknewstuff2-4
  libknewstuff3-4 libknotifyconfig4 libkolab0 libkolabxml1 libkomparediff2-4
  libkonq-common libkonq5abi1 libkonqsidebarplugin4a libkontactinterface4a
  libkopete4 libkparts4 libkpeople4 libkpeoplewidgets4 libkpimidentities4
  libkpimtextedit4 libkpimutils4 libkprintutils4 libkrossui4 libksieveui4
  libktexteditor4 libktnef4 libktorrent3 libktorrent4 libktorrent5
  libktpcommoninternalsprivate8 libktploggerprivate8 libktpmodelsprivate8
  libktpwidgetsprivate8 libkutils4 libkwineffects1abi1 libkworkspace4
  libkworkspace4abi1 libkworkspace4abi2 libkxmlrpcclient4 libllvm3.5
  libmailcommon4 libmailimporter4 libmailtransport4 libmatroska6
  libmessagecomposer4 libmessagecore4 libmessagelist4 libmessageviewer4
  libmicroblog4 libnepomukcore4 libnepomukquery4a libnepomukutils4
  libnepomukwidgets4 libnepomukwidgets4abi1 libnoteshared4
  liboktetakastencontrollers4 liboktetakastencontrollers4abi1
  liboktetakastencore4 liboktetakastengui4 libokularcore1 libokularcore2
  libokularcore3 libokularcore4 libokularcore5 libopenconnect2 libopenconnect3
  libopencv-calib3d2.4 libopencv-contrib2.4 libopencv-features2d2.4
  libopencv-highgui2.4 libopencv-objdetect2.4 libpcrecpp0 libpimcommon4
  libplasma-ruby libplasma3 libplasmaclock4abi3 libplasmaclock4abi4
  libplasmagenericshell4 libproxy1 libqpdf13 libreoffice
  libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer libreoffice-base libreoffice-base-core
  libreoffice-base-drivers libreoffice-calc libreoffice-core libreoffice-draw
  libreoffice-gnome libreoffice-gtk libreoffice-help-en-us libreoffice-impress
  libreoffice-lightproof-en libreoffice-math libreoffice-officebean
  libreoffice-pdfimport libreoffice-report-builder libreoffice-report-builder-bin
  libreoffice-sdbc-firebird libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb libreoffice-wiki-publisher
  libreoffice-writer libreoffice-writer2latex libsigc++-2.0-0c2a libsmokebase3
  libsmokekdecore4-3 libsmokekdeui4-3 libsmokekfile3 libsmokekhtml3 libsmokekio3
  libsmokeknewstuff2-3 libsmokeknewstuff3-3 libsmokekparts3 libsmokektexteditor3
  libsmokekutils3 libsmokenepomuk3 libsmokeplasma3 libstreamanalyzer0
  libsyndication4 libtag1-vanilla libtag1c2a libtaskmanager4abi4
  libtemplateparser4 libtinyxml2.6.2 libtunepimp5 libweather-ion6 libxapian22
  lokalize lskat marble mplayerthumbs nepomuk-core-runtime nvidia-glx okteta
  okular pairs palapeli parley picmi plasma-containments-addons
  plasma-dataengines-workspace plasma-desktop plasma-netbook
  plasma-scriptengine-googlegadgets plasma-scriptengine-_javascript_
  plasma-scriptengine-python plasma-scriptengine-ruby
  plasma-scriptengine-superkaramba plasma-scriptengine-webkit
  plasma-scriptengines plasma-widget-folderview plasma-widget-lancelot
  plasma-widgets-workspace print-manager printer-driver-brlaser python-kde4
  python3-uno rocs ruby-kde4 ruby-plasma step svgpart sweeper
  system-config-printer-kde umbrello update-notifier-kde

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 8:23 AM, Martin Steigerwald <martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 1. September 2015, 14:02:14 schrieb Marco Valli:
> In data martedì 1 settembre 2015 13:51:06, Martin Steigerwald ha scritto:
> > It may be due to a party upgraded qt5.
> >
> >From experimental?

Yes, you are right libqt5x11extras5 5.5.0-1 is still in experimental, so if
you run pure unstable you may not be affected. And well the crash may be a
totally different reason as well.

I will now do a full dist-upgrade to see whether its any kind of transitional
issue with the g++ 5.5 ABI transition.

So bye, bye kmail for a short time. kdepim-runtime already is installed. So
there may only be a reworked kdepim package missing in order to have it
installable in gcc 5 sid. Debian Qt/KDE team already works on this.

So whatever the reason is, be cautious with an upgrade and probably wait a bit
longer if you depend on kdepim.

(may be my last mail from KMail, but I bet Trojita may still work)

Thanks
--
Martin