Re: Upgrade warning: KDE/Plasma 5 stuff broken

Am Dienstag, 1. September 2015, 14:02:14 schrieb Marco Valli:
> In data martedì 1 settembre 2015 13:51:06, Martin Steigerwald ha scritto:
> > It may be due to a party upgraded qt5.
> >
> >From experimental?

Yes, you are right libqt5x11extras5 5.5.0-1 is still in experimental, so if
you run pure unstable you may not be affected. And well the crash may be a
totally different reason as well.

I will now do a full dist-upgrade to see whether its any kind of transitional
issue with the g++ 5.5 ABI transition.

So bye, bye kmail for a short time. kdepim-runtime already is installed. So
there may only be a reworked kdepim package missing in order to have it
installable in gcc 5 sid. Debian Qt/KDE team already works on this.

So whatever the reason is, be cautious with an upgrade and probably wait a bit
longer if you depend on kdepim.

(may be my last mail from KMail, but I bet Trojita may still work)

Thanks
--
Martin