Re: GCC 5 transition

Hi! First of all apologies for not jumping in sooner, I'm really lagging
behing almost everything nowadays :-/

On Thursday 13 August 2015 23:45:50 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
[snip]
> Why does the KDE and Qt packaged depend on specific versions of GCC anyway,
> Qt doesn't care about libstdc++ ABI, you can link to two different
> incompatible versions and it will work fine.

Qt doesn't, but it depends on ICU which does depends on the libstdc++ ABI:

<https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=qtbase-opensource-src>

And it needed a transition, so Qt needed to get rebuilt against it... and we
got trapped. We also needed to fix symbols files too, but that's more a
debianish thing than c++ code.

Hope that clarifies it, Lisandro.

--

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer