Re: So I have a Plasma 5 desktop!

On Tuesday 14 July 2015 19:21:09 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > * I've tried (multiple times) to make Ctrl-Esc open KSysGuard, by
> > assigning it as a Custom Shortcut for KMenuEdit. But when I press
> > the
> > shortcut, all I get is "No service configured".
>
> Works here. Out of the box. I just miss the icon in Alt-F2 to start
> it.

I think we're talking about two different things. I know that you get a
process viewer out of the box when pressing Ctrl-Esc. That's not what I
want. I'm trying to rebind it to launch KSysGuard proper with my own
custom tabs.

Incidentally, I have the same problem with some other KDE apps as well.
I can't create global shortcuts, in the way described above, for Kate,
for instance, whereas I can create a shortcut for KCalc and non-KDE apps
in general.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig