Re: [jessie] Application manager thinks no network is available

Thanks Werner,

but what if I want a static address ?
Isn't network manager mostly useful on a laptop where you are
more likely to switch from ethernet to wifi or another SSID ?
This is a desktop, connected by ethernet wire to my router.

Network manager was part of my vanilla jessie install,
can I just uninstall it and would SW manager then not bother ?
 I do not understand why applications need to ask NM
whether the network is reachable (when it actually is!)

I'd really rather give the KDE tool a try instead of reverting to synaptic.

Bald