Re: Newer KDEPIM for Jessie

Hey,

well very interesting, what you found :) The kolab team for the desktop team
has two members christian and me. And am the only one you is reponsible for
debian builds. But I never known about thiis https://ftp.kolab.org :) Thanks
for this information, I'll check internally why these 3.5.X versions are
(still) available.

> Okay, there's the sources and the DSC files etc... I guess my
> search was too specific. And to be honest, really, I had no idea
> searching for 4.13. :)

Yeah not a very happy time to start a stable branch. And the kolab version is
as you see still in development, that's why there is no blog post about it.

> I guess so. :-) Searching for success stories, most of the
> related postings mention KDE 4.14 and Akonadi 1.13 (which is also
> true for the OP's initial writings in [2]). So I think I would
> not have gone for Akonadi 1.12.42.1, which is what I can find on
> OBS (following your link), if you had not mentioned it.

The version number for kolab is not that exact what it inside it :P There are
many more features added, that we need and also backported bugfixes + own
developed ones etc. But well the version we will ship, will be supported for
some years and is going to customors the upcomming months. So I think we will
have a stable solution and it is a though to use our version,  if you fit into
the usecases (imap, kolab resource,... ).

Regads,

sandro