Re: Newer KDEPIM for Jessie

Hey,

> I do not want a separate dev environment, but I want to compile selected
> components of KDE for production use – and maybe also some developing some
> time. So I want Alt-F2 (or with Plasma 5 Alt-Space) to pick up my self-
> compiled kmail, while everything else from packaged KDE still working as
> before, so I do not have to compile all of KDE just to try out a few
> components in a newer version.

yeah it is little bit another focus with separating data, but other than that
the focus is the same. Running apps on top of installed kde/kdepim packages.

The only thing I wanted to point out, that there are more ENV to adjust things
and you need them :) It also takes a while I found, that this and that small
thing is loaded incorrectly (desktop files, other data). If it works for you
at the moment great :) I think because 4.14 is only in in bug fixing mode, not
so much is changed, and a more minimal appoch also works.
I also started with a more minimal approch and than things got broken, so I
adjusted the scripts...

Regards,

sandro