Re: Newer KDEPIM for Jessie

Am Samstag, 18. April 2015, 11:54:46 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> > after running the script you have to do something like:
> >

> > setKDEEnv master
> >

> > Okay it additionally also makes sure that you have different home dirs
> > etc.
> >

> > In your case the folling env variables should be enough to set:
> >

> > XDG_DATA_DIRS - needed for akonadi resources
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH - to find libs
> > KDEDIRS
> > KDEDIR
> > KDEHOME
> > PATH
> > QT_PLUGIN_PATH
>
> I have seen such scripts, but they do a lot, a lot more than I usually
> want, and I think the version from /usr/local is used with my minimal
> script already.
>
> I don´t start with a full blown vim configuration either. But just
> change  what I need.
>
> And as to far as I have seen, this minimal approach just works for me:

Well okay, I think its just different goals.

I do not want a separate dev environment, but I want to compile selected
components of KDE for production use – and maybe also some developing some
time. So I want Alt-F2 (or with Plasma 5 Alt-Space) to pick up my self-
compiled kmail, while everything else from packaged KDE still working as
before, so I do not have to compile all of KDE just to try out a few
components in a newer version.

Thats why I placed the script in ~/.kde/env and thats why I want it not to
mess more than is needed.

For someone who wants to have a different development enviroment and only
start applications from a certain shell from it and also use a separate
config, more is needed.