Re: Systray: barely visible, monochrome icons

Am Montag, 13. April 2015, 09:09:17 schrieb Alex DEKKER:
> On 12/04/15 22:00, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > On Sunday 12 April 2015 22:18:24 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> >> The new monochrome ones are default for systray status icons and I
> >> think will also be default for toolbars in Plasma 5. This is a
> >> upstream design decision.
> >
> > I see, thanks. At least I know now that it's not an error, just an
> > inscrutable design decision.
>
> This new design movement has been crying out for a name for some time,
> and you appear to have hit upon it: Inscrutable Design.

I think the designers have reasons and I think you can even find them on
the web.

I will form my own oppinion, once I am using KDE Frameworks 5 and Plasma
5.3 (or 5.4?) on this Debian laptop. Then I will see how it all blends
together. For KDE SC 4 this move has always just been partial and I have
some monochrome and some colored icons in systray.