Re: debian kde will not install deb from dolphin by default

Em 05-04-2014 12:10, Erwan David escreveu:
Le 05/04/2014 17:04, Fabio Rafael da Rosa a écrit :
:). After some tries, I did find this package.  What I'm questioning
here is the 'default' behavior, and the lack of documentation at the
wiki about how to enable it.

For me it makes sense. Installing a package independently of the system
is a low level operation, and users who need this should not so
unexperimented as to completely ignore the power of the command line.

That's the point I'm trying to make. Average users are 'used' to download and install something from the internet. They take that for granted. For example, here at Brazil, the governament provides the Anual Taxes Declaration program for Windows, MacOS and Linux. The Linux version has a deb available for download. People will try to download and install it on their system. As this will _not_ work by default, they will try to find instructions on how to do it (if they don't have a person to give them instructions). They will google for it. The instructions will tell hum to open a terminal, and copy/paste a command. For me, that's a _way_ worse attack vector. The copied text from the site can be diferent from what is shown at the page. The user will paste and execute, as he doesnt what what he is doing. That's the point I'm trying to make. I do understand that we should _not_ install anything from outside sources. But, debian _can't_ package _every_ piece of software available. No one can. The need to install 'unsafe' software will always be there. It would be _better_ , if there was a way to install a 'deb' package on a _user_ level (for example, at $HOME/.local/opt', or something like that. But, this does not exist, and I don't know if it will someday.

--
Fabio Rafael da Rosa
fdr@fdrout.net