Re: debian kde will not install deb from dolphin by default

On Saturday 05 April 2014 12:16:50 Fabio Rafael da Rosa wrote:
> Regarding the gdebi-kde, the 'option' to install it for enabling the
> behavior , is not documented anywhere.
> I guess that it should be added to a wiki page, right ?

How to install a debian package is documented in LOTS of places and there's no
need to specify it for gdebi-kde as it is the same as all other package in
Debian.

Open Konsole (which is the command-line application in KDE) and execute the
following command:
sudo aptitude install gdebi-kde

And while you're at it, install synaptic as well (really try it, it's quite
simple) by executing the following command:
sudo aptitude install synaptic

If you've installed those 2 packages, you won't need to use the command-line
anymore to install other packages.
I think the command-line is extremely powerful and not so hard as people
think, but you don't have to use it in order to use a Debian system, including
installing packages (apart from this one time).

If you want to learn more about debian, I heartly recommend reading the debian
handbook (www.debian-handbook.info).

--
GPG: 0x138E41915C7EFED6