Re: pm-suspend and KDE sleep

On Tuesday 15 July 2014 15:04:43 Rubin Abdi wrote:
> Rainer Dorsch wrote on 2014-07-15 14:48:
> > On #kde irc somebody mentioned that KDE is not using pm-utils anymore, but
> > upower instead.
>
> upower                                                      0.9.23-2+b2
>
> > Does suspend/resume work or are the hook scripts in /etc/pm/config.d/
> > really executed?
>
> The act of suspend/resume, and hibernation all work for me. I have
> nothing sitting in /etc/pm/config.d, but plenty of stuff in
> /etc/pm/sleep.d. The scripts that I have which cause things to happen on
> sleep I know are working just fine. However now that I'm thinking about
> it I have a feeling some of the on resume events haven't been happening
> as of late. I wont be able to test until later tonight to be sure.
>
> Does upower scrape up scripts from elsewhere in etc?

For me this solved my problem (replace the ExecStart script with whatever you
need):

blackbox:~# cat /etc/systemd/system/root-resume.service
[Unit]
Description=Local system resume actions
After=suspend.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/etc/init.d/hdparm restart

[Install]
WantedBy=suspend.target
blackbox:~# systemctl enable root-resume

As often the execellent Arch Linux documentation describes the solution:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Power_management#Sleep_hooks

--
Rainer Dorsch
http://bokomoko.de/