knetattach: Unable to connect to server.

On my client I'm trying in Dolphin to create a network folder, of type
Secure shell (ssh), to access my server. This process uses knetattach.
>From the client I can use both ssh and scp to access my server without
problems.

However Dolphin/knetattach keeps complaining "Unable to connect to server.
Please check you settings and try again.", but does not provide any
additional information. There are *no* messages in the client's system
logs. The server's /var/log/auth.log only reports "sshd[12815]: Connection
closed by <client dotquad> [preauth]", which also does not really help.

Can anybody tell me how I can get my client or server (both running Debian
Linux) to give me more details about what the bleep is going wrong? For
one thing, knetattach apparently does not have an option --verbose.  I've
also spent several hours trying to get Google to provide an answer without
success.

Any help will be appreciated. Also feel free to point me to a better place
to ask for help with this problem.

Jeroen.