Re: Automounted NFS shares never timeout

On Tuesday 18 March 2014 00:22:43 Johannes Zarl wrote:
> On Monday 17 March 2014 14:46:54 Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > Any suggestion what (if any!) part of KDE might be causing this? Any
> > general suggestion for finding the culprit?
>
> You could try out whether lsof finds any open file on the nfs share:
> lsof /media/YOUR_NFS_MOUNT
>
> If that doesn't find anything, you can let it repeat every second for
> a while:
>
> lsof -r1 /media/YOUR_NFS_MOUNT

I had already tried "single shot" lsof, without finding anything. Now
with

$ lsof -r2 -x +D /net/tardis/

I dont't get anything either. I thought that maybe autofs was at fault,
but it works perfectly for another sshfs "share". That one really gets
unmounted when it isn't explicitly accessed during its timeout interval.

A notable difference between NFS and sshfs is that in Dolphin the NFS
share is shown in the places panel under Devices, whereas the sshfs
share is not. Killing all dolphin processes doesn't change anything,
though.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig