Re: Automounted NFS shares never timeout

On Tuesday 18 March 2014 01:40:53 Michael Schuerig wrote:
> A notable difference between NFS and sshfs is that in Dolphin the NFS
> share is shown in the places panel under Devices, whereas the sshfs
> share is not.

That doesn't have to mean anything. I've got four NFS shares on the same
server, with all of them having identical entries in fstab (except for the
path). 3 of them show up in dolphin, the fourth does not. God knows how the
one share is different from the others to dolphin. So I guess that this little
bug in dolphin is probably unrelated...

My next advice would have been to try inotify, but I saw you already did that…

Cheers,
  Johannes