Automounted NFS shares never timeout

I have a single NFS share automounted by autofs. Once it is mounted, it
is never (auto-)unmounted, even though I don't explicityl access it.
Lsof does not show any open files below the mount point.

My hypothesis is that some process periodically accesses the share,
unfortunately, I can't find any such process. I'd have to catch it red-
handed exactly when it accesses the share. I was suspecting the
"Removable Device Automounter" (kded_device_automounter) and disabled
it, but that didn't change anything.

Any suggestion what (if any!) part of KDE might be causing this? Any
general suggestion for finding the culprit?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de