Re: Konversation git changes

Hello,

On Thursday 27 of February 2014 12:13:20 Diane Trout wrote:
> Over in the Debian QT-KDE IRC channel people were asking about an updated
> konversation.

Heh, oh well, I didn't notice they had released a new version (it took them a
while though, no wonder).

> I noticed the package was git buildpackage based and thought I
> could do a reasonable job of updating it.

Well, the package is not strictly gbp based (except the use of git import-orig
--pristine-tar). However, as long as gbp does not pollute the repo, it could
be used.

> I decided to allow the tag to upload by modifying hooks/update in verify_tag
> to look like this. (Commenting out the error).
>
>     if ($name !~ m,^debian/([^/]+)$,) {
>         # hack by diane-guest. don't restrict tags for gbp repositories
>         return;
>         #error("only tags in the debian/ namespace are allowed");
>     }
>
> That way debian/ tags are still verified, but other tags can go through.
>
> Those seemed like reasonable changes to me for a git-buildpackage style
> package, but I wanted to make sure I documented what I did.

Commenting out the code is never a good idea. Mostly it makes sense to
disallow other but debian tags. Probably introducing addition setting to
additionally allow upstream tags would be better.