Re: Re: Recommended way to use Debian?
- To: Diederik de Haas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: debian-kde-main-list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Re: Recommended way to use Debian?
- From: Shervin Emami <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:06:15 -0700
- Message-id: <CAF_wPwvHkq68cFrwbDE7pgqxvz+AxOHaBfaJsHZgP=d7fH4Smw@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAF_wPwsQd+1SZ60KY=KCekpfOO9ZJ6yj7n9pBBtn8qZH+R7E5A@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAF_wPwsb8Si_6=Rmj16J4UYbiNkgj=Ek1Qu1MicCDusOkt8org@mail.gmail.com> <CAPYB0ABaVE=Yg5jjy6RUhbfuKSg_794oc6PSzNKu0Va+Da_YLQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAF_wPws6ZSiiREvja-eCe0mOuh+6YkqTjJ_KLv29Up50UNP8fw@mail.gmail.com> <5801636.xN6LAzWDUi@bagend> <CAF_wPwsQd+1SZ60KY=KCekpfOO9ZJ6yj7n9pBBtn8qZH+R7E5A@mail.gmail.com>
> Thanks everyone for your help, it does indeed look like I'm having
graphics issues thanks to Optimus.
> Plasma suddenly died on me just now
(or atleast that's what I thought happened) and after looking into
> Xorg.0.log I saw that actually my Intel GPU had crashed! Hence why I
couldn't see Plasma decorations.
> So I'll email that pkg-nvidia-devel
list, maybe the Bumblebee guys are interested and if not I'll send my
> crash report to Intel.
Even though it was my Intel GPU that was crashing every day, not my
NVIDIA GPU, I switched to Bumblebee in "wheezy-backports" 2 weeks ago
and now my computer hasn't crashed at all since then! I even re-installed PulseAudio successfully, so I'm now a very happy
Debian Stable KDE user! Thanks everyone for your help 2 weeks ago!