Re: Recommended way to use Debian?

I'm using the NVIDIA driver from Debian Stable, but since I have Optimus (both an Intel & NVIDIA GPU), it would be using the Intel driver for normal display, and I made it use Mesa as the default GL library for this reason. So maybe my problems are related to Optimus, I wouldn't be surprised :-( I work for NVIDIA and yet even I have numerous software & hardware troubles due to Optimus! I'll try using the latest NVIDIA driver, supposedly it has some Optimus support now so it doesn't need Bumblebee anymore.

Cheers,
Shervin Emami.
http://www.shervinemami.info/openCV.html

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Facundo Aguilera <budinero@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 2:14 AM, Shervin Emami <shervin.emami@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm even using the Debian Stable packages for
> NVIDIA GPU and CUDA toolkit and OpenGL.

Are you using the nvidia driver or nouveau? I had similar problems
with nouveau and desktop effects enabled.