Re: KDE 4.10

Am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013, 07:43:18 schrieb Aribert Biel:
> On Tuesday 16 April 2013 14:44:52 Diane Trout wrote:
> > Try running akonadiconsole and looking at the
> >
> > On  the agents tab make sure there's an Akonadi Nepomuk Feeder, that its
> > online and says something about indexing completed.
> >
> > I find that it sometimes disables itself.
> >
> > > The Error message when trying a search is
> > >
> > > "Can not get search result. Unable to create persistent search"
>
> Hello Diane,
> thank you for your reply. The Akonadi Nepomuk Feeder was diabled indeed as
> well as the Mail Filter Agent. I both enabled in akonadiconsole and the
> feeder showed "Indexing completed". Unfortunately when trying a search in
> kmail I get the same error message "Can not get search result. Unable to
> create persistent search".
>
> If I restart kde the feeder will try to connect to nepomuk and after a while
> says "nepomuk server not running", what definitely is wrong because
> searching in dolphin or krunner is working even for mails (but the search
> results doesnt show by far all mails). If I start the feeder manually in
> akonadi console it will start and say "Indexing completed"
>
> What I should mention is that Mail Address Completion in Mail Composer only
> works for recent mail addresses. An LDAP search is initiated (as I can see
> in the logs of davmail) but the results are not presented in kmail.
>
> When I do a Akonadi Server Test in akonadikonsole under Menu
> Server->Configure ->Test there is an Error message:
>
> Current Akonadi Server error  log found which contains mostly lines of the
> form:
>
> "Error during executing query "INSERT INTO CollectionPimItemRelation
> (Collection_id, PimItem_id) VALUES (:0, :1)" :  "Duplicate entry '73-2914'
> for key 'PRIMARY' QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"

I don't know if this is relevant.

I downgraded kdepim 4:4.10.2-1 from experimental back to  kdepim
4:4.10.2-0ubuntu3 from ubuntu raring.

Great disappointment: the searching in kmail didn't work either: Same error
message: ""Can not get search result. Unable to
create persistent search".

BUT: I noticed the Language package kde-l10-de was still from experimental and
lacked the translations for kmail to german, So kmail menues were in English.

So I downgraded also the language pack  to the version from ubuntu containing
the German translations for kmail. And after a restart of kontact/kmail THE
SEARCH SUDDENLY WORKED!

I don't know if nepomuk considers LOCALE and COLLATION in its database, but
maybe this is a hint