Re: KDE 4.10

Try running akonadiconsole and looking at the

On  the agents tab make sure there's an Akonadi Nepomuk Feeder, that its
online and says something about indexing completed.

I find that it sometimes disables itself.

Diane

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 21:04:12 Aribert Biel wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 April 2013 12:59:13 Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> > I seem to recall a recent upload that disabled that component
> > anyway. In my current setup (still waiting for the groupware
> > components, but mail and xkcd feeds work) the feeder component
> > is disabled, and stuff still works.
> >
> > My system also says that Nepomuk is “not operational”, but
> > installing virtuoso-minimal made the message that “the Soprano
> > Virtuoso plugin is required” (or the virtuoso soprano plugin,
> > don’t remember), which prevented kontact from starting at all,
> > go away.
> >
> > bye,
> > //mirabilos
>
> Hello all,
>
> I upgraded from wheezy / qt-experimental kde 4.9.5 to kde4.10 from
> experimental by selecting the kde packages by hand in synaptic.
>
> After that I installed kdepim 4.10 from ubuntu - raring. kmail was working
> flawlessly with 3 imap accounts, contacts were delivered via akonadi
> resource carddav and calendar data via akonadi resource caldav.
>
> When the new experimental kdepim 4:4.10.2-1 packages were out, i upgraded to

 the experimental packages. Every thing seems to work (mails, contacts,
> calendar) EXCEPT SEARCHING (S) IN KMAIL which used to work in the ubuntu
> version before the upgrade. I even could do searches for from Adresses only
> entering the user name before the '@' sign which was not possible in kmail
> 4.9.5 (kdepim 4.9.5 from ubuntu quantal with qt-experimental).
>
> So upstream searching in kmail IS working.
>
> The Error message when trying a search is
>
> "Can not get search result. Unable to create persistent search"
>
> nepomuk is running, virtual tag folders in dolphin are working. I am sure
> that
 there are no traces of libs or programs from ubuntu left.