Re: Deebian 7.0 needs to support MTP (for Android), else it will lose relevance

Am Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2013 schrieb Alexey Eromenko:
> Debian 7.0 (upcoming "Wheezy") needs MTP support in it's KDE in order
> to be relevant.

Honestly: I don´t care.

I understand the sense behind MTP in not having to *mount* a device. But
from what I have seen regarding MTP I am not very convinced about it.

I am also not convinced about this post PC era bla bla. Or the smartphone
trend bla bla. I still do not own one. I might at some time if there is an
OS on it that is *truly* free and accessible to me. But I do not consider it
a priority.

I did not see any decrease on PCs in the company I work with either. A trend
from workstation to laptop, yes. But no general decrease in PCs.

That said I´d like to see a KDE SC 4.10 backport for Wheezy at some time via
backports.debian.org. And know what? If its so important for you:

You can help.

Thanks,