Re: Deebian 7.0 needs to support MTP (for Android), else it will lose relevance

Am Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2013 schrieb Alexey Eromenko:
> Long-term problem :
> There must be easy way to add killer features post release.
> Example : WebM codec is super easy to install on Windows XP. Updating
> it's Media Player to v11 also gives you MTP support.

Then help making it happen if it is important for you.

There are:

- backports.debian.og
- Debian CUT rolling testing releases

and probably other ways.

There is room to contribute.

You can make it happen if you shift your focus from complaining to
contributing. Another way would be to talk in a different tone about it. See:
You mostly received opposition. And I think thats hugely due to the
demanding tone you set up. You demand things as if you signed some support
contract. Free software communities do not work that way. So when you want
to make something happen instead of running from frustration to frustration
of demanding and getting a "no" back, I think you´d need to change your
attitude to it.

Aside for the killer features post release topic this isn´t on topic here
either. Its a general Debian release policy discussion.

That said, I see that Debian Wheezy will be heavily outdated in some areas
when it is released. But instead of complaining I accept it, cause I do not
contribute at the moment. I asked kindly about possibility to release a
newer stuff here and there, but if I got a "no" back, I accepted it. The ones
who are doing the work decide, cause *they* invest *their* time.

See?

Thanks,