Re: Deebian 7.0 needs to support MTP (for Android), else it will lose relevance

Hi,

Alle mercoledì 6 febbraio 2013, Alexey Eromenko ha scritto:
> Debian 7.0 (upcoming "Wheezy") needs MTP support in it's KDE in order
> to be relevant.

Arguable POV.

> Debian needs to backport this killer feature into it's KDE, else
> Android 4.x devices (such as samrtphones and tablets) will not work
> with Debian.
>
> http://www.afiestas.org/workspaces-gain-mtp-support/
>
> Smartphones became killer-features of modern day computing.
> I recommend, if possible, to make a Wheezy release-freeze exception
> and try to integrate the necessary component(s) from KDE 4.10
> backport to Debian's KDE 4.8.

This requires:
a) patches for kde-workspace (and IIRC also for kdelibs) for new
features
b) a new component, kio-mtp
and none of those is fit for a freeze exception, especially now that we
are pretty ahead with the freeze.
So no, this stuff will not be in Wheezy's KDE, sorry.

--
Pino Toscano