Re: Good music player suggestion

On Sun, 13 May 2012 10:08:32 +0200
Eo <ehorinn@singularity.fr> wrote:

>To have sound in all application at the same time (amarok, smplayer,
>iceweasel, mumble) # aptitude --purge remove pulseaudio
>So, applications use alsa instead of pulseaudio :/

Yes, that works if you have a sound card which supports hardware mixing, which
onboard Intel cards tend not to have.

By the way, that is the only reason I keep an ancient SB Live PCI card in my
main desktop, even though I have to reconnect the speakers to onboard Intel
card when I boot into Windows 7, since I couldn't find drivers for such an old
card.

Regards,
--
Andrej Kacian