Re: kaddressbook stopped working (Squeeze)

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your reply.

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 02:08:13 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Monday, 2012-09-17, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > Is it expected that akonadiserver is not running after login into
KDE?

> Depends on the configuration, e.g. if a Plasma applet uses Akonadi
then it
> will start Akonadi when it is loaded (which is during login into KDE).
>
> If that is not the case then any first Akonadi client will launch it.

thanks for the clarification, makes a lot of sense not to run akonadi,
when it is not needed.

> Try removing KAddressBook from your saved session (assuming this
is why it
> starts before your autostart script) and launch it manually once KDE
is
> running.
>
> Does this make any difference?

Your assumption is correct, when kaddressbook crashes through
starting akonadi, the process hangs and it seems it is in the saved
session. If I kill the kaddressbook process (kill <pid>), then it is not
started.

With respect to the kaddressbook problem this makes no difference
though:
-> kaddressbook tries to start akonadi
-> akonadi is started, but kaddressbook does not display an
addressbook
-> exiting kaddressbook, leaves a kaddressbook process
-> restarting kaddressbook is only possible if I kill the old process
manually, but then it restart correctly with my addressbook.

Thanks,
Rainer