Re: KDE PIM packaging

Am Dienstag, 19. Juni 2012 schrieb Torsten Grote:
> > As martin correctly said, Kdepim 2 lacks migration and that is one
> > reason it  will not be included in wheezy.
>
> I'm sitting with several PIM hackers in the same office and they said
> that  using 4.4.11 programs with recent akonadi is quite
> "adventurous". Also, I'm not sure whether the migration will improve
> in the near future.

Hmmm, why?

I think its an important feature for the regular user.

> As for me, I'm ready to set up my KDE PIM accounts freshly to take
> advantage  of a more recent and stable platform.

This might be difficult for not so advanced users or people who have a "big"
setup like me. I have to recreate about 100 filter rules and re-integrate
CRM114 spam filtering.

I understand that a 100% complete migration might be difficult to implement
cause there is a wide variety of setups, but at least some help for the
basic stuff like filter rules would be really nice.

Well anyway, thats probably better a discussion on kdepim mailinglist.