Re: KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.8.3 available in qt-kde.debian.net

On Monday 14 May 2012 23:27:38 Eshat Cakar wrote:
> KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.8.3 has been uploaded to our semi-official mirrors
> (available for both, amd64 and i386, systems).

Thank you very much, I've successfully upgraded :-)

> Feedback is highly appreciated, since it will help getting these packages
> into  the official archive.
> Especially report any issues during the upgrade process (i.e.
> file/dependency  conflicts) or if you encounter any misbehavior in KDE
> applications, that used to work before the upgrade.

I had no issue whatsoever upgrading the kde packages, kudos!

I did however fix things before doing the upgrade, so I'd recommend doing a "aptitude -s full-
upgrade" first to see what problems could arrive by doing a full-upgrade and after having sorted out
any issues do the same command without the -s (=simulate) parameter.
When that's done, it was safe to follow the instructions on qt-kde.d.n (for me).

The problems I had and fixed were as follows:
- mysql-common was already at versions 5.5.23-2 breaking mysql-server-core-5.1
Installing mysql-server-core-5.5 (optionally marking as autoinstalled) solved that.
- netbase package in sid (version 5.0) depends on ifupdown from experimental
Trying to upgrade netbase (with aptitude) presents you to remove ifupdown, DON'T DO it.
See bugs 672851 and 672862 (both Critical priority!)
Installing ifupdown from experimental and then "aptitude full-upgrade" fixed that IN MY CASE.
It's probably better to (install and) hold the netbase package to the version in testing (version
4.47).

Cheers,
  Diederik