Re: Options for kdepim using kde 4.7/unstable?

Am Donnerstag, 15. März 2012 schrieb Sune Vuorela:
> On 2012-03-15, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> I officially disagree.
> >
> > Hmmm. I never did test it.
>
> on my laptop which runs kde master I have been using it since may.

And your experience is good I read out of your "I officially disagree".

You didn´t have any mail loss issues? That the thing I am the most
concerned about - as this ThinkPad T520 with Intel SSD 320 should level
through quite some of the reported performance issues and I can live with
some usability issues that may still left. Heck, since KDE SC 4.7.4 even
Nepomuk desktop search is quite unobtrusive here while previous versions
even got this laptop quite busy.

Well I think I really do like to give it a try.

What Akonadi backend do you use? Some time ago I switched from SQLite3
that I used before to PostgreSQL as I read some MySQL related InnoDB
configuration issue with sudden abruption of write operations due to power
loss or kernel crash. For KAddressBook which already uses Akonadi in
KDEPIM 4.4.5 this works nicely. I once had to delete some PostgreSQL lock
to have the database started again after some crash - I reported this on
bugs.kde.org -, but aside from that its fine.

Thanks,