Re: Enforcing some KDE configs

> On Tuesday 18 October 2011 01:46:50 Andrew Reid wrote:
> > I thought I could do this by putting the appropriate nepomukserverrc
> > and nepomukstrigirc files in /etc/kde4/share/config
>
> How about /etc/skel/ ?
> That's the place to configure defaults for new users, so I'm not sure if
> that's sth you can use.

  Thanks, that's a good thought -- we have an account template
for new users, and I had forgotten about it.

  But, I still need to sovle the problem for existing users
migrating to KDE4 on their new "squeeze" workstations.

  Fortunately, by the Power of Posting, I have identified the dumb
thing I was doing -- it turns out I had typo'd the "KDEDIRS"
environment variable in /etc/profile, so the overrides I had
put in /etc/kde4 weren't being used -- if you set the environment
variable correctly, all of a sudden the documentation starts to
make some sense.

  The docs are on techbase.kde.org, btw, and although some of
the pages talk about kde3, they seem to apply to kde4 also.

                        -- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net