Lack of double- and triple-click support for selecting text

Hello all,

for some time now, Konsole does not let me select word under cursor by
doubleclicking, or entire line by triple clicking, even though it used to work
before (before what I do not know, I simply noticed it stopped working one
day, perhaps after some upgrade, or after some configuration changes - I just
do not remember).

Interestingly enough, If I create a new system user and log in to KDE with it,
text selection works normally, so it is likely a result of some configuration
change.

Does someone have an idea what could I try to find out what it is (without
throwing out my entire KDE configuration and starting fresh)?

Kind regards,
--
Andrej Kacian