Re: KDE Software Compilation 4.6.1 has been uploaded to qt-kde.debian.net

On Saturday 02 April 2011, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> KDE Software Compilation 4.6.1 has been uploaded to
> http://qt-kde.debian.net/. Follow instructions on the homepage if
> you are considering to upgrade or install these packages.

Very nice work. Thanks to all the maintainers!

For me, the upgrade from the previous 4.5.1 packages went comparatively
smooth. It involved some dependency juggling as described on http://qt-
kde.debian.net/, but everything worked out. Even my previous session was
restarted without a hitch.

I've re-enabled the Strigi indexer, that for me previously caused more
trouble than delight, and it's now ploughing trough my files.
Occassionally, I'm getting notification dialogs that Nepomuk Service
Stub (the process handling nepomukstrigiservice) has crashed with a
segmentation fault, but nepomuk is recovering by itself, apparently.

Also, I took the opportunity to switch Konqueror to using WebKit instead
of KHTML[*]. Over the past year, with KHTML I've felt more and more left
behind Firefox et al. A few problem sites I've tested work much better
now. I miss Minitools (aka JavaScript bookmarks), but that's it.

Again, thanks for your efforts.

Michael

[*]
$ aptitude install -t experimental kpart-webkit
Konqueror Settings > General: set Default web browser engine to WebKit
--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de