Re: (SOLVED) Re: the plasma desktop is freeze in 50 secons and 30 or 60 secons later again, again.

On Thursday 31 March 2011 11:19:15 tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
> If you want to generate a clean xorg.conf for your setup you can use
> NVidia utility "nvidia-xconfig".

While nvidia-xconfig does generate a working file which enables the nvidia
drivers it isn't exactly a clean one.
X nowadays does detect most, if not all, of the relevant things itself and you
only need to provide the information it doesn't detect (correctly) or that you
want different from the auto configuration.
I want to use the nvidia driver, so my xorg.conf is the following:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Driver          "nvidia"
EndSection

> using the proprietary NVidia driver which isn't a priority for Debian
> developers

That was certainly the case some time ago, but not anymore. The current
maintainer(s) do a fantastic job providing the latest and greatest quickly \o/