Re: How to get rid of unused activities?

On Monday 28 March 2011, Xavier Brochard wrote:
> Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > I'm not actively using KDE's activities, but for some reason >20 of
> > them have accumulated behind my back, as I only noticed
> > accidentally. As I only need just one of them, I'd like to get rid
> > of the rest.
> >
> > In KDE 4.5.3 (Debian experimental-snapshots), the context menu on
> > the desktop has an entry "Activities" that shows a bar of
> > activities at the bottom of the screen. In my case, they have
> > somewhat strange icons and all are named "Desktop". I didn't find
> > any help anywhere, but apparently I can stop an activity by
> > clicking in the upper right corner of its icon and in turn a small
> > x is shown there.
>
> clicking on the red "x" will remove the activity
> activities can be stopped by clicking on the square black and white
> icon in the center of the activity icon

I noticed that accidentally just after reading your paragraph.
Apparently it is a two step process:

- Click the upper right corner of an activity icon to make a red "x"
appear.
- Then click again on the "x". Now a dialog asks for confirmation to
remove the activity.

Is this kind of interaction supposed to be intuitive, even sensible?
Without asking it didn't occur to me and as far as I can tell, it isn't
documented anywhere.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig